Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Recovery Is A Process, Not An Event

Tonight's blog title was written on the dry erase board as we all walked in this morning.  It became the major focus of our discussion throughout the day/


Part of that had to with the (sort of) loss of a group member.  Apparently the pull of heroin was too much for "E" and her parents checked her into a closed facility.  This hit Iggy pretty hard, as he felt he (and we as a group) were doing her some good.  How wrong we were I guess.


I met my first meth-addict today.  I'm going to include a photo, and I certainly do not mean to be cruel or flippant about her appearance, but damn... she looked just like a certain South Park character.  I've read that doing meth eats away at your body... but wow... I didn't know it would do that kind of damage to someone's teeth.  She is apparently in her 30's... but looks nearly twice as old!


Again, not being judgmental!  I swear!  I hope she finds some solace and some sense of calm during her stay with us.



No comments:

Post a Comment