Monday, August 1, 2016

Spirituality. Compassion. And Weekend Meetings.

New Month.  New set of daily readings and reflections, so that's a good thing. 


Interesting meeting on the whole.  A tiny bit more religious than I'm comfortable with, but I prefer to think of myself these days as more of a spiritual person, or at the very least, trying to do better in that realm.  So, I've been doing a much better job of asking my higher power for help when necessary, which is usually during my morning and evening mediation.


Compassion was another key element today and I've also been working on that bit as well.  Having more compassion for my fellow man and AA members.  I'd have been more compassionate to that one particular person I've mentioned a number of times on this blog, but this was the third day in a row that I haven't seen him at any meeting.  He wasn't at the Saturday meeting, he wasn't there yesterday and he wasn't there this morning.  Weird.  Here's where I try to work on my compassion and hope that all is well in his world.  His former sponsor wasn't at yesterday or today's meeting, either, so I couldn't exactly ask him.


My Saturday meeting went well.  Forgiveness of self was the initial topic, but that morphed into Forgiveness as a whole as the meeting went along.  I met Gary, the gentlemen my sponsor wanted me to link up with should I need to speak to anyone while he's off in Scotland.  Nice guy.  Also got to speak with my friend Andy from Residential.  That went well as usual.


I wasn't sure how yesterday's meeting was going to go when the woman started her talk, but she had an interesting story to tell and had the events she'd gone through.  So, while I don't have the same issues she had, I could relate to her talk about relapsing.  I've been there and have no plans on going back.


I may have a lead on a gig.  I will know more tomorrow.  I should be getting a call.  I also have a gastrointestinal appointment on Wednesday.  Yay me.  (NOT!)


One Day at a Time!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment