Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday January 31, 2016 - Put My Sobriety First

Today was an opening meeting.  I could've made the 9AM meeting, but I opted for the 10:30 meeting that had a speaker.

His  name was the same as mine.  He was about the same age as myself... but his story was quite different than mine. 

Throughout the meeting I did relate to the whole "ego reduction" as put forth by the First Tradition:

"Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends on AA unity."

I meant to post this earlier in my journal, but I only just remembered it this moment as I am typing... this is the LAST selfish thing I am ever going to do in my life.  I am going to remain sober.  I can't do it for my wife, I can't do it for my family, I can't do it for my (graciously used 'my') dog, I can't do it for anyone but myself.   

THINGS TO TAKE TO HEART TODAY:

From the Daily reading:

  1. A sober life is a happy life.
  2. God loves drunkards and fools.  (OF WHICH I AM BOTH!!!!)
Second meeting with Janice tomorrow.  Looking forward to it.  Will attend meeting afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment