Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Possibility Blooms With Each New Day

Today's title comes from what is hand-painted calligraphy-style on the wall of the room I have my daily Inpatient sessions.  I spend a lot of time looking at that while the others are talking.  I like it.  Possibility indicates a way out of this morass that my life became.  (NOTE!  Past tense!)


We as a group finished off the assignment from last week.  We will be losing some of the court-assigned people in the next couple of days.  I wish them all nothing but the best... but they have a much harder road to tread... (heroin and all that.)  I wish them well!!!


I did take a slight bit of offense this morning when Iggy asked all of us how things were going since yesterday.  When it came to my turn, I said that I was feeling particularly proud of myself for two weeks sober.  Now initially, he said that was great and to continue what I am doing... BUT... out of the other side of his mouth, he also mentioned that we as addicts shouldn't misconstrue sobriety from simply being "dry".  As I said, I took offense to that and will most probably unload on him during my personal meeting with him later this week.


WTF?!?


I get better feedback from my friends in AA.  I didn't drink a drop.  I have maintained a level of sobriety (for me!) that has been far beyond what I have experienced so far... and... it doesn't make a difference?!  At least to Iggy apparently.  "Recovery is more important than being dry"...said Iggy.


In AA, those two work hand in hand. 


I will also mention that he didn't ride "C"s ass as much as mine, and he had a year going.  Again... WTF?!?


It was a very good session.  I will speak to Iggy about a matter or two.  I just felt it odd, is all.  You say one thing and then contradict yourself with a separate comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment