Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March 1, 2016 - Jimmy Bueller's Day Off

I'm taking Janice's advise today and beginning to do some little things for myself.  I didn't intend on avoiding a meeting today, but the weather is for sh!t today.  I was going to pull in the trash/recycle bins, but the driveway is a complete sheet of (formerly) black ice.  It's now mostly covered in snow... but the ice waits beneath! 


I just took the Eskie out and it's a slippery mess out there.  If I am not mistaken I saw a red and black bus just pull up to our neighborhood... and can clearly see Johnathon Towes and Patrick Kane in our driveway doing warm-ups as I type... yes, it's that slick out there.


ANYHOOTS... I thought I would do something fun, so I made a cream of broccoli soup using only items we already had in the house.  I'm steaming a head of broccoli later tonight for dinner, and as they come in pairs from where we buy them... I used the one that was on its last stalk so to speak.  I'm also clearing out a few pantry items.  Double bonus!


That was fun.  Just doing something totally simplistic for a recipe and hemming/hawing over what to add.  I chose the lesser avenue and stopped fussing over it.  I think it turned out pretty well.  Granted, I haven't added the milk portion yet (as we don't have cream or half-and-half in the house)... but from what I tasted so far... not too shabby.


I guess what I'm ultimately saying is that I just wanted to take a day off.  I've been doing so many things lately.  It was just really fun to come back in after walking the dog to smelling a kitchen that sort of reminded me of my days in France. 


All of that out of a simple soup.  Go figure.


Back to the normal meeting tomorrow.  For now... I've got some parmesan chicken, steamed broccoli and probably a potato or two to get ready for later.


If this soup does turn out, I will post the recipe.  Back in the old Blogger days I had one where I would share recipes and photos.  Let me try and figure out how to do that again!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment