Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday - February 26, 2016 - Just a little Fonzie.

Without (hopefully) jinxing today... I had a really good day.  I attended a Step Meeting... and the whole week just sort of smooshed together.  My dearest wife reminded me that I actually completed a Step by participating in that last one I blogged about.


I helped another suffering alcoholic in need.  Do you know... that thought was furthest from my mind until Stef reminded me of that fact.  (That's why I am supremely lucky to have her in my life... and I'm not sucking up... I'm stating clear fact.)


What was today's meeting?  Oh, I don't know... only Step 12.  LOL!


"Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and practice these principles in all our affairs."


Yeah... how very subtle of you universe.  But still cool in my heart and thinking.


Meeting aside, I FINALLY got a library card locally and found a couple of books some of you blog readers recommended.  I look forward to those later this evening! 


I was reminded of an episode of 'Happy Days' where Fonzie got a library card and his world opened up to him.  The actor, Henry Winkler, says that is his crowning achievement on the sitcom he starred in.  (Personally, I think it's producing/financing my 2nd all time favorite film 'The Sure Thing'... but what do I know?)  I find the fact that library card applications back in the late 70's exploded something like 300% even more uplifting after the airing of that episode.


STILL AND ALL... a bunch of the other recommended books were out.... I will catch them the next time around.  Let me get through the few I have at the moment. 


HUGE snuggly hugglies to you all for reading...    I know for a fact that my wife isn't scoring me nearly 250+ views a day... so I am doing something right.  I'm trying guys.  It's all I can do.  I am humbled and owe a number of you some email responses!!!  Happy Friday!


Oh... and by the way... (unintentional rhyme looming...)


Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.  ;)




We're all Fonzies... and what's Fonzie?  As Honey Bunny said in Pulp Fiction... he's cool.


CORRECTOMUNDO!

No comments:

Post a Comment