Sunday, February 14, 2016

Saturday Evening Recap

We had an open speaker meeting last night (Saturday).  It wasn't the most riveting tale told as the person was very nervous speaking in front of a group of people.  It took her a lot of time to get the whole thing rolling, and even for a room that small, it was sometimes hard to hear her talk.  But I'm certainly not judging her!  It was just hard for some of the folks at the other tables to hear what she had to say, and when it came down to the questions/comments portion of the evening, there wasn't a lot to be said. 

My main take away from the meeting was her comment about "being too smart for our own good."  The whole concept that we were smart enough to handle our problem... when we clearly weren't.  I can relate with that... but I'm doing better.

As I say at my meetings after I speak, "That's all I got."

No comments:

Post a Comment